Scott Pruitt, former Oklahoma AG who is currently suing the EPA, confirmed as new EPA Administrator
Trump knew Flynn was lying weeks before his resignation – http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/15/officials-trump-knew-flynn-misled-wh-weeks-before-ouster.html
- Trump was informed 6 days into his presidency.
Trump allowed Flynn to continue accessing classified material.
Robert Harward, Trumps pick to replace Flynn turns down offer. Refers to job as “Shit sandwich.”
Labor Secretary nominee, Andrew Puzder, withdraws consideration
- Mounting opposition within the senate from both parties
- In the hours leading up to Puzder’s withdrawal, 12 Republican senators “at a minimum” were withholding support, according to one GOP senator, who asked for anonymity to avoid political retribution. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) had told the White House that Puzder lacked the votes needed to win confirmation, according to a senior Senate aide.
New York Times: Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contact with Russian Intelligence
- Law Enforcement and intelligence officials intercepted communications at the same time that they were discovering evidence that Russian hacking was being used to influence election.
- Intercepted communications not limited to campaign officials but also included others associated with Trump.
- Paul Manafort, ““It’s not like these people wear badges that say, ‘I’m a Russian intelligence officer.’”
- Investigation may have been assisted by President Obama’s parting executive order that made information sharing between intelligence agencies easier.
- Mike Johnson, Republican Representative of Louisiana, said on NPR this morning that there is no need for an independent investigation and to let the Intelligence and Judiciary committees do their job.
- He is more concerned about the leaks than the actual infraction
Top Democrats and Top Republicans are starting an investigation into campaign influence by Russia:
Flynn resigned as National Security Advisor after alleged improprieties regarding russian sanctions before Trump’s inauguration.
- DOJ stated in late January that Flynn may be blackmailed by Russia
- Source: WaPo
- Flynn told VP Pence that he did not discuss sanctions before inauguration. Pence went on ““face the nation (I think?) and said so
- Flynn did discuss it and told Pence he did not
- Sean Spicer told press corp 2/14/17 that Trump fired Flynn
- Conway stated that the President has ‘full confidence’ in Flynn Sunday night on MSNBC
- Resignation came 24 days into Trump’s administration
- Shortest National Security Advisor in history
- Keith Kellogg to serve as Acting NSA
- Discussion was with Sergey Kislyak, Russian Ambassador
- WH knew “weeks” before the resignation that Flynn lied about the phone call
- Per WaPo, VP Pence first learned that Flynn misled him on Feb 9, two weeks after other WH officials were briefed on the matter: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/02/14/trump-was-told-weeks-ago-that-flynn-misled-vice-president-about-russia-contacts-white-house-says/
- Were Flynn’s calls recorded?
- If so, was this standard protocol?
- Was this NSA?
- Trying to undermine trump because of trump’s comments on the intelligence community?
- Was FBI. GOP intelligence chairman wants to know why it was recorded: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/02/14/fbi-needs-to-explain-why-michael-flynn-was-recorded-gop-intelligence-chairman-says/
- No investigations from Republicans regarding Flynn
- In comparison to Benghazi
- Foxnews is reporting that Trump reportedly kept Pence in the dark about Flynn’s russian phone calls http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/15/trump-reportedly-kept-pence-in-dark-about-flynns-russian-phone-calls.html
- Flynn was interviewed by the FBI late last month and denied having spoken to the Russian ambassador about sanctions
Trump’s pick to replace Michael Flynn as national security adviser turns down offer, people familiar with decision say
Endangered Species Act on the chopping block
- Republicans say that act encroaches on state’s rights, is unfair to landowners, and stymies mining operations which “costs jobs”.
- John Barrasso – ”Act is not working today” despite the US Fish and Wildlife service stating that the act has a 90% success rate. The Center for Biological Diversity agrees. – https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/endangered-species-act-success-failure/
Discussion of top secret information during Mar-a-lago dinner
- . Go into technical details of why this is bad
- .Hacked phones, microphones hidden
- This is dangerous precedent to set, being able to discuss topsecret, national security topics in front of non vetted, non approved sources
- Makes trump look like a ‘big man’ or ‘important’ because he can discuss this in front of people to make him look important
- Is he doing this on purpose? Could be setup so that an ‘event’ happens so he can suspend constitution like France
- Investigation started
Second weekend in a row that Trump has not been at Whitehouse
- Played golf second weekend in a row
- Trump made fun of Obama playing golf or taking a vacation 4 months into office
- Third weekend in a row that Trump is visiting Mar-A-Lago in Florida
- Sean Spicer called it the “Winter Whitehouse”
Chaos and upheaval now ‘standard operating procedures’ in west wing
Reports that NSA not disclosing everything to President during daily intelligence briefings
Ethics office tells White House it should discipline Conway
- Told people to buy Ivanka Trump merchandise
- Many companies are no longer carrying Ivanka Trump merchandise due to declining sales
- Nordstrump’s stock went up ~8% in one day after trump tweeted – http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/09/investing/trump-nordstrom-stock/
- Sean Spicer says Conway “has been counseled” on the matter.
- President Trump told Conway that he stands behind her “100 percent”
- US Office of Government Ethics – Conway Committed “Clear Violation” with Ivanka Plug – https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4pcNvwWcAAz3a7.jpg
- Doesn’t appear to have been any discipline despite Spicer saying she had been “counseled”
- From the letter, “”I note that OGE’s regulation on misuse of position offers as an example the hypothetical case of a Presidential appointee appearing in a television commercial to promote a product.””
Tweets after shows like Morning Joe, Fox&Friends, INFOWARS, etc from Trump’s personal twitter account
- . Why does he have enough “free time” to watch these shows?
- On campaign trail trump said he would not watch TV as there was ‘so much to do’
Rather than Investigating Trump in any way, Rep. Chaffetz is investigating Sid the Science Kid (A PBS Cartoon)
- Sid the Science Kid, ISIS threat or is Trump just jealous of how orange he is?
Kentucky: New Bi-Partisan Crime bill
- .Allows ex-convicts who served their sentences easier access to occupational licenses.
- Allows private companies to hire in-prison labor
- Backed by both Bevin and the ACLU. (Wierd)
Kentucky: Betsy DeVos’s family one of the largest McConnell doners
- Donated $2.28 million
Kentucky: Audit Could Lead to State Takeover of Jeffeson County Public Schools – http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/education/2017/02/14/audit-could-lead-state-takeover-jcps/97845700/
- .Students were being restrained and held in seclusion in rooms.
- JCPS Failed to report hundreds of arrests.
- An audit like this has never been done in a district the size of Jefferson County.